Ken smith roofing ltd
Experienced Roofing Specialists
With over 25 years’ experience in roofing and property improvement services.
Telephone: 0191 706 8229
Dry Ridge & Dry Verge Insulations
A dry ridge system is a method of using screws or other mechanical fixings to attach ridge tiles to a roof. This eliminates the need to use mortar for bonding. Screws or other mechanical fixings attach clamps between the joints of each and every roof tile, which then clamp the tiles to the roof. Underneath the screws lie waterproof unions which catch and disperse rainfall that falls on them.
- Easier to install, straightforward and hassle-free than its mortar counterpart.
- They are sturdy. During high winds or storms, the likelihood of dry ridge system tiles blowing off is very unlikely and this therefore reduces the risk of damage to your roof, and anything below your house that a tile could blow onto.
- Low maintenance. Whilst mortar can degrade over time, dry ridge systems retain their quality for years to come without the need for maintenance.
- Dry ridge systems allow for better and more flexible movement.
- Better ventilation properties. The dry ridge system can help combat buildup of condensation by offering ventilation properties.
Dry Verge Systems
These are the areas at the edge of your roof (above the bargeboards), which traditionally have a cement infill to hold your tiles in place
and prevent water.
Dry Verge installations provide the only permanent maintenance-free solution to the problem of tiled edges on roofs. Our roofline experts fit the latest uPVC Dry Verge systems, suitable for weather-proofing almost all types of tiled and slated roof edges. Our quality uPVC products provide additional fixings for ultimate protection, ensuring a permanent and completely secure edge to your roof.
- Its Ventilated Provides a minimum ventilated area of 5,000 sq.mm. per linear metre and is suitable for ventilating flat tiles. Specially designed blanking strips allow you to use RidgeFast with ridge and gas vent terminals.
- Maintenance Free, The dry fixing method offers considerable advantages, not only in the speed of installation, but also in long-term economy and safety. If you would like to read below, it will explain all the advantages you would have on your property.
The dry roof offers specifiers, designers and fixers the following benefits over mortar bedding:
Professional Roofing Services in Newcastle upon Tyne
experienced roofing company
With over 12 years’ experience in roofing and property improvement services, you can be sure of our quality work. All of our work comes with 10 year guarantee, unmatched workmanship and, you can rest assured, with 24 hour call out if needed.
Keeping you informed, every step of the way
As your local roofer in Newcastle upon Tyne, we will always advise you of the best option to suit your personal requirements and provide step-by-step progress reports to ensure you are kept up to date with how the work is developing.
Committed and dedicated tradesman
Our dedicated team of tradesmen are qualified and trained to work confidently and safely within any environment and make great efforts to achieve high standards of workmanship.
As a team, we are committed to providing you with a dependable and consistent level of support for all your roofing needs and requirements.
Our tradesmen are fully trained with City & Guilds qualifications and equipped with a range of high quality tools, ready to undertake any roofing project, small or large.
On time, on message, on budget
We work towards completing each project on time and within budget so you can rest assured that your roofing needs will be in very safe and reliable hands.
Professional, polite and proactive
We always start with a personal touch and follow on with a surveying service which identifies the issues or problem, we offer a range of surveying services to suit.
Why choose Ken Smith Roofing Ltd?
From roof repairs to building extensions, get stunning property maintenance and improvement services in Newcastle upon Tyne, Gateshead, South Shields, Whitley Bay, Ashington, Durham, Berwick-Upon-Tweed and surrounding areas. Get in touch with Ken Smith Roofing Ltd today!
Need a trusted building company that gives a 10-year guarantee on their work? Contact us now!
For reliable building services and more, call 07561 495 744
24/7 Emergency call out
10 year guarantee
Flexible Finance Available
Pay Now...Pay Monthly
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Our Reviews from Facebook and Yell.com
• Roof Finance
• Pitched Roofs
• Flat Roofs
• Slate & Tiles
• Plastic UPVC & Roofliners
• Dry Verge & Ridge Systems
• Lead Work & Lead Welding
• Roof Repairs
• EPDM Rubber Roofing
• Building and Renovations